JOIN OUR TEAM
At Loom, we’re always on the lookout for talented individuals with a passion for data. If you fit the bill, there might just be a place here for you.
Loom Analytics is seeking work-from-home legal analysts for our analytics-as-a-service platform. Loom is working to transform the legal industry by providing Canadian case law analytics, one legal decision at a time.
Description of Role
We're seeking self-motivated candidates who enjoy challenges and are proficient in working effectively and efficiently under tight timelines. Our ideal candidates are tech-savvy and passionate about (legal) technology, pay extreme attention to detail and are capable of identifying and compartmentalizing legal issues and subsequently translating them into meaningful data for legal practitioners and researchers. If this description sounds like a match for your talents and ambition, we'd love to hear from you.
This is a work-from-home position, so self-motivated candidates are a must!
- Structuring legal data by identifying patterns in Canadian legal decisions
- Reviewing legal decisions and accurately categorizing and entering legal data into internal company systems
- As needed, performing legal research to ensure data accuracy using legal databases, search engines, and other tools, as well as fact-checking background information
- Reporting and reaching out to the team’s senior legal analysts to obtain answers in order to devise data-entry solutions
- Other duties as necessary
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- J.D or LL.M from a Law School in Canada
- Thorough understanding of the Canadian legal landscape
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian legal terminology
- Very close attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Passion for legal technology and the ability to grasp the power of data analysis and its importance to the legal and business worlds
- A positive attitude and a flexible approach, as well as the ability to work independently
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Previous experience in legal technology and/or data analytics
- Primary legal education in a common-law jurisdiction
Position duration: Long-term
Time Commitment: At least 12 hours per week.
Pay: Compensation is on a per-decision basis, based on the type of review/analysis
- $5 – Entire caselaw
- $4 - Entire caselaw except for information related to Damages
- $3 – Only Facts and Damages
- $2 – Only Facts
How to apply:
Please apply for this role directly through our iKrut site. Resumes sent via email will automatically be rejected.